Location: Downtown Toronto
Start Date: ASAP
Want to Change the World?
Rumie is an award-winning Toronto-based non-profit startup that is revolutionizing global education by using low-cost, innovative technology to bring digital education to some of the least developed parts of the world – from remote Guatemalan villages and Canadian Indigenous communities to Syrian refugee camps.
Our clients are at the heart of everything we do, and the Partner Success Team is responsible for onboarding and providing ongoing support to Rumie’s NGO and non-profit clients around the world. You will provide our clients with an exceptional experience ensuring any questions, comments, or concerns are attended to at the highest level of service. The position may include travel to project sites around the world.
The Head of Partner Success will be the voice of users internally. Advocating for customer experience improvements, providing product suggestions based on client feedback, and be the primary point of contact for any escalated end-user problems. If you want to help NGO and nonprofit organizations improve access to education around the world and you want to accelerate the rate at which we scale by deepening customer engagement, join us.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Actively nurture and oversee partner relationships to increase satisfaction and potential sales
- Establish a trusted relationship with our partners and drive use of the Rumie solution
- Identify client needs and plan tablet and app projects
- Support tablet and app set-up and fulfillment to countries around the world (including but not limited to countries in Africa, the Middle East, and South America, as well as Indigenous communities in northern Ontario and across Canada)
- Deliver training to partners on how to successfully implement the solution
- Develop user guides and information documentation that support client success
- Provide post-sales support to partners and work closely with the Product Team to document feedback
- Collaborate with Rumie team to distribute and analyze impact evaluation surveys
- Assist in the design and validation of new product features, providing valuable feedback to the Product Team
- Improve deployment operations by adapting the deployment process & create new documents when necessary
- University degree
- 5+ years of prior Customer (or Partner) Success / Account Management experience
- Prior experience managing a large and diverse portfolio, with a proven track record of outstanding customer service
- Technical prowess, love to play with technologies and have the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts, making them easily understandable to a variety of end users
- Empathetic and know how to think like our partners
- You easily gain the trust of those you work with, whether they are internal or external clients
- Great team player and can also thrive in self-managed and independent environments
- Excellent writing and communications skills for multiple audiences, including internal and external audiences
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Excited to work in a rapidly-growing startup and tackle a variety of work
- Comfort working within ambiguity
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through: if you say you’re going to do something, you do it (and more!)
- A commitment to Rumie’s mission and enthusiasm for learning about all aspects of Rumie’s business
- Understanding of cultural differences
- Experience working in a startup or tech environment
- Fluency in other languages a strong asset (in particular, Spanish, French or Arabic)
- Experience working in education internationally in the Middle East, South America and/or Africa
Why join our team?
- You will contribute to making education free and accessible to anyone around the world.
- We recently won the Google Impact Challenge (for the second year in a row) and we were named the “World’s Best Social Startup” by Global Entrepreneurship Week.
- Funders and Supporters include Y Combinator/Imagine K12 in Silicon Valley, WISE (World Innovation Summit for Education), Google, LEAP, MIT, Harvard, and some of the most prominent CEOs in North America.
- We are located at the Ryerson DMZ, named as one of the world’s leading startup incubators. The DMZ has free breakfast, coffee, fruit, and snacks… (not to mention Wednesday Pancake Breakfasts and Scotch Fridays)
- We’re an effective, creative, and resourceful team that works hard and plays hard.
- Our employees get health benefits, flexible hours, and vacation
- We’re growing extremely fast (from 0 to 28 countries in a few years) and show no signs of stopping.
How to Apply
- Please send your resume, link to your portfolio, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your cover letter, please outline:
- Why you feel you are a good fit for this role;
- What educational issue (locally or internationally) you feel most passionate about; and
- What excites you about joining Rumie